Monday 23 April 2012

Better late than never...

So, first of all, I have an apology to make...

SORRY!!!!
(for this being a super tardy blog post)

Ok, that's done. Now on to the good stuff :)

Week 2 of rehearsals ended last week which means we are two down and four to go (three until we move in to the Olly to do tech and dress runs - which is bloody scary!). 

Last week, we began to get stuff up on its feet & it was so nice to do so! All the exercises we've been doing will no doubt be really useful, but it was really great to start doing some stuff that we'll definitely be using in the show. As an understudy, we watch most of the time rather than actually do stuff. Jo and I will be on-stage when we're not understudying, but not doing a hell of a lot, so what Polly's doing is getting the scenes on their feet with the rest of the cast first and then slotting us in after.

On Friday we were sat at the side watching for the day and to be completely honest, I got goosebumps watching everyone, especially Chris. You genuinely can't take your eyes off him when he's working. It's an honour to be sharing the stage with such an incredibly talented cast.

I wish I could show you some pictures of the rehearsal room and the rehearsals themselves but I'm not really allowed. The set's been put up in the room so we can map our movements out easily, and even in that room, without the lights and sound etc., it looks incredible. It's just so exciting, every bit of it! 

Also, I started learning my lines as Antigone, and I think I've just about nailed the first scene - which is really long, and Antigone has about three monologues during it so I'm glad I've got that one out of the way. I ran lines a few times this week with Jo and Ross (who's covering Chris as King Creon), and that was interesting to see how it would sound as up until now, we've only heard Chris, Jodie and Annabelle speak those lines together. 

I had the day off today which was nice, as it meant I had the chance to run a few errands I'd been meaning to run over the last two weeks. However, after the first few were run, I was seized by the most crippling cramps I have ever had (bloody typical). Coupled with the fact that it was a bit of a crap day weather-wise, I lounged on the sofa watching movies all day! Lovely.

Back to work tmrw, where we're having a read through with all the understudies, which I'm really looking forward to! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Nighty night!

xxxxx 


1 comment:

  1. Oooooh yes I want every little detail of your run through :D

    Glad you finally blogged, I was getting withdrawal symptoms ;)

    Em x

    ReplyDelete