Tuesday 24 April 2012

A rather quiet Tuesday :)

Evenin' tweeple!

There isn't a great deal to blog about today because unfortunately, our understudy read through got cancelled, which was quite frustrating, but what are you gonna do?!

Instead, the guys worked on a scene whereby Creon (Chris) announces he is to take over the throne of Thebes as the previous King (his nephew) died in battle. They worked on it for a good 3 hours - broken up by lunch - and at the end it looked really, really good, so was well worth missing the read through for to get that result.

Instead, we're going to do some work on it tomorrow with Drew, the Associate Director, and I'm really excited about that. Due to the fact that it's only Jo and I who are called (2.30pm - 4pm - lovely!), it won't be a read through, except maybe our scenes. So I'm really looking forward to find out what else we'll be doing. 
What the others have been doing in their rehearsals with Polly, is "actioning". This is scoring the text with a transitive verb for each line. For instance, one of my lines as Antigone is:

"Don't be frightened for me, fear for yourself."

If I were to action this line, it would be "I override you", or something similar to that. It's really useful for some actors; I for one find it quite difficult, but then I haven't actually done it since I was at drama school in 2008. I didn't have the best experience, but I'm sure being at the National will be a whole new experience actioning-wise, and I'm well up for it!

Anyway chaps, must dash! Speak tmrw :) xxx

1 comment: