Wednesday 11 April 2012

My limbs aaaache....

Evening all,


Today was my second day at the NT and boy was it intense!! We went to the pub last night after rehearsals for a quick drink ad whilst there, we got an email with what we were going to be doing today in it... The first thing we noticed? CIRCUIT TRAINING!!!! FIRST THING!!! For those of you that don't know, circuit training involves various different exercises at various different points (ie. stomach crunches, press ups, the "plank"). We had 7 stations in our rehearsal room and after about 10 minutes of running and skipping and jumping around the room, we got on it! It was hard, but actually turned out to be super fun. We were in pairs going around the different stations and I was with Annabelle, who's playing Ismene. We were giggling the whole way through - as was everyone to be honest! 


After that, once we'd dried off and had a well deserved cup of tea (and a banana and yoghurt in my case), we sat around in a big circle of tables and began dissecting the script. It's a bloody short script (and hour and 10 when we read through it yesterday) and there won't be an interval so I reckon it'll be rather popular seeing as the audience can get into the bar before 9pm! Our director Polly likes to "unit" her scripts. "Uniting" is basically breaking the script down into scenes and then breaking these down further, depending on when the mood on-stage changes. It takes a fair amount of time but is well worth doing and if I were ever to direct, I know I'd do the same.


It was a beautiful day on the South Bank today so at lunch rather than just stay inside (especially as I wanted a little nap after the circuit training), I decided to go for a little walk and it was very nice indeed! I don't get to go to the South Bank often so am taking full advantage of my time there.


After lunch, we had a lady called Laura Smith from UCL come in and talk to us about the play. She's a lecturer of Classics and therefore knows her stuff! We were throwing all kinds of questions at her and she was just knocking them out of the park! We got so much information, my little notebook was busting with notes!!


Once Laura was gone, we carried on dissecting the script until the call ended at 6pm.


All in all, a bloody good day! 


I took a photo of the rehearsal room to show you but I'm at H's this evening so can't upload it properly - will do that tmrw!! In the meantime, here's a poster of our production:




Night night!! xxx

PS: Please can I ask you all to check out another blog:


theemi1y is a comedian and a twitter buddy - she's fricking hilarious on that  & even more so on her blog. You'd be silly not to have a gander! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment