Friday 13 January 2012

11th Jan

Hello everyone :)


Well, it's the end of the second week & I'm going to recount the last 2 days tonight from the comfort of H's living room with a yummy spag bol on the way!


On Wednesday, I was only in for an hour & a half or so and not doing a great deal so I spent my time just listening and observing the others and my director. I'm on stage for the majority of the second half but most of my dialogue comes at the beginning. It's so clever the way Howard's written it - like Harriet's ghost is really strong and prevalent in the aftermath of her death when she's harbouring a lot of anger and resentment against Shelley, but then as her plan starts to come together, she gains inner peace and becomes less of a strong, angry character. It's beautiful, really :)


I finished that rehearsal really early so spent the rest of my day meeting H for lunch and then we went to see my friend Katie in her play Swallows and Amazons at the Vaudeville (follow her on twitter - @katiesaladdays). She's about to go on tour with it all over the country - as far as Edinburgh I think - so if you've got the chance, go and see it because it's bloody brilliant. Absolutely magical, especially for children. And if you go on your own as an adult, you'll just feel like a big kid! Here's the link to know more about the show & book tickets:



Something else which was really cool was that our Stage Manager found this website called Shelley's Ghost and there's the most amazing stuff on it - like photos of Harriet's actual engagement ring from Shelley (PS. it sucks) and her original suicide note, plus original letters between Shelley and Mary. All incredibly interesting stuff. There's also a picture of the book of Plato's Symposium which makes up an important scene in the play, where they act it out. If you want to check it out, do, it's really interesting.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment