Monday 23 January 2012

23rd Jan

Well, we got our notes today from Tom and Howard (Tom passed them on). All of them were really constructive and helpful. 


Howard's main note was not to take the play as some Chekhovian masterpiece or take it too seriously. So we spent the rest of the afternoon loosening everything up and linking the thoughts together whilst still having the separate intentions behind what we were saying, in the hope that it wouldn't be the length it was on Friday (the second half was 15 minutes longer than the first, despite being shorter page-wise). Oops.


We decided to do a second run tomorrow instead of today because the note session was nearly three hours long and we therefore need time to process them and a lunch break isn't really enough time to do that. So in the afternoon we worked through a bit of Act 1 and some of Act 2. We reworked my monologue and sped it up so that it wasn't self-indulgent (not an original conscious decision, I might add!). It felt soooo much better after we'd done that and I feel a lot more confident about it. With what we've done, Harriet is even more seemingly off her rocker and creepy, so thumbs up to that!


Hopefully we're going to do three runthroughs this week (including a Saturday rehearsal) so we'll be well prepared for the dress run on the Tuesday we go up for previews, which I'm hoping (fingers crossed) my Dad can come to as it's during the day and he can't come to any of the proper shows because he's starring in Noises Off at the Old Vic at the moment. Here's hoping!


And just a final note to say that the people I'm working with are the most considerate, kind people and I really do leave rehearsals with a huge smile on my face each day. Having the time of my life :)


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment