Monday 2 January 2012

First Day On The Job

Hey all!


Ok, so I have a job to kickstart the New Year with, which as you can imagine, makes me very, very happy.


It's a play called Bloody Poetry and it's by Howard Brenton - a hugely renowned British playwright. Predominately, it follows the lives of the poets / writers Shelley, Byron & Mary Shelley (Frankenstein). Here they are below:


                


I play the part of Percy Shelley's estranged wife Harriet. As far as the entire play is concerned, it's probably the smallest part, but 100% significant. She's a brilliant character to get to play. This is what she's supposed to have looked like:



Pretty, wasn't she? :)

It was our first day of rehearsals today & I feel it went really, really well. Everyone was so lovely and made eachother feel welcome immediately. There was tea, and flapjacks and croissants - very welcoming indeed! :D

We did the read through, which was great and then chatted for the rest of afternoon about the play & it's context. The writer, Howard, was there and it was a real honour to meet him and hear his opinions of his own play.

I can't wait to get stuck into this play - it's probably the first time since graduating that I've had a part I can really get my teeth stuck in to. Harriet went off the rails a bit when Shelley left her for Mary and that particular part of her life is my big scene so I can't wait!

First day down, another 2 months to go... 

BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment