Thursday 26 January 2012

26th Jan

Good evening everyone :)


Today was another pretty short day. We did our third run and out of all the ones we've done so far, it was definitely the one that was the most full of life and energy. Tom told us to be free and try out new things, even if we weren't sure about them, so that was what we did.


One scene in particular, which I'm not in, had me in utter hysterics. It's a scene in which the others act out the allegory of Plato's Cave. It challenges what we perceive to be real to what is actually real. It's quite convoluted so I'm not going to go into it now, but basically, it's quite a complicated and wordy scene. However today, the guys mixed it up and had a great time with it. We had the Artistic Director of the Jermyn Street Theatre in today to watch and he said that what makes the play is the spirit of it - fun. And that's what he thinks we've captured, which was great to hear.


I tried some new things in my speech, which I've yet to hear Tom's opinion on! We get our notes tomorrow so I'll let you know how it went down...


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment