Tuesday 10 January 2012

Monday 9th Jan

Good evening everyone :)


I'm blogging about yesterday today because I was a little preoccupied last night & it'll be like that for tmrw's rehearsal as I'm going to see my gorgeous friend Katie in Swallows & Amazons at the Vaudeville Theatre tmrw night:



(that's her on the far right)

So! Yesterday was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper fun!!!!! I got to do my first rehearsal of my big monologue. I had such a brilliant time & the best thing is, I feel really, really safe in that rehearsal room, which is so important (can't remember if I've already said that). The director really helps guide you through any sticky patches and because he's so flipping bright, you know you can ask him almost any question & you're almost guaranteed he'll be able to give you the right answer.
The monologue itself is pretty draining and I have to say, quite disturbing to perform. Harriet was so unbelievably messed up at the time she killed herself & Howard has really captured the essence of that. Make fun of that last "wanky" statement but it's true. It's really sad actually & I can't help but feel sorry for Harriet - I just wanna give her a cuddle & tell her Shelley was just a prick & that there's plenty more fish in the sea! But that's just my opinion - those who want a second one, COME AND SEE THE PLAY!!!!!
I also did my first scene with the others before I did the monologue which was great fun. It's one where Harriet talks to Shelley and it's well creepy!!

I'll blog about today's session in just a second!

PS: Saw Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night with H. GO AND SEE IT.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment